Thursday 19 August 2010

Eid Al fitr

Muslim world annually celebrates Eid Al- Fitr which come after the holy month of Ramadhan. It is a festival in which people celebrate breaking their fast. Every country however, has its own traditions of celebrating.

In my country, shope get crowded during the holy month of Ramadhan as people start shopping for eid. Everybody buys new clothes. Children buy toys specially from habta ( a market that takes place a day before eid).

On Eid morning, everyone wears new clothes. Men go to the mosque for salat Aleid (Eid prayer) while women prepare irsiya (a dish made of meshed rice with meat) to be served when men come back from the mosque. meanwhile, children go door to door asking for idiya (money given to kids during Eid).

In my family, we all gather at my grandparents house whrer all our relatives come too. We have lunch together. Then we take the children to a park to play.

I really enjoy eid, because I meet many of my relatives and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment